Like all non-profit organizations we could not exist without our dedicated volunteers.
There are many opportunities to support CMBA. If you are interested in becoming involved, please contact us and let us know in what capacity you would like to volunteer:
- Board of Directors – Elected officers and appointed committee chairs.
- State Fair – Planning is going on currently. This is a great opportunity to interact with the public and share our knowledge, and honey, with the community. A fantastic experience for our younger beekeepers.
- Events – Plan events such as our annual summer and end of year parties or other social opportunities.
- Mentor Program – Help educate a beginner on how to maintain a bee colony. A very rewarding one –on- one opportunity to grow enthusiasm about bees one keeper at a time!
- “Nuc Yard” teaching apiary – Come help us take care of the club’s hives, and learn while you help!
- Tech & A/V Team – Assist with setup and running of hybrid Zoom meetings.
- Educational Events – We are often contacted by groups who would like a beekeeper to visit a classroom or event to talk about bees. You don’t have to be an expert to share your bee knowledge, even knowing the basic honey bee fundamentals are more than most of the general public know!
If you have other talents or ideas that you would like to share with CMBA, please let us know!